Skip to main content

My Most Favorite Among My Many Most Favorites



Me: Here are few of my favorite lines from my most favorite movie among my  many favorites. I just copy paste everything the web gave me and i tried to plot it the way I saw it in the movie. I hope, it made sense. I mean, yay, I love it!! 

Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Especially you Jenny Beckman. Bitch.
Narrator: This is a story of boy meets girl. The boy, Tom Hansen of Margate, New Jersey, grew up believing that he'd never truly be happy until the day he met the one. This belief stemmed from early exposure to sad British pop music and a total mis-reading of the movie 'The Graduate'. The girl, Summer Finn of Shinnecock, Michigan, did not share this belief. Since the disintegration of her parent's marriage she'd only love two things. The first was her long dark hair. The second was how easily she could cut it off and not feel a thing. Tom meets Summer on January 8th. He knows almost immediately she is who he has been searching for. This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story.
Summer: There's no such thing as love, it's fantasy...
Summer: [Tom is listening to headphones in an elevator with Summer. She notices the music] I love the Smiths.
Tom: Sorry?
Summer: I said I love the Smiths.
Summer: [they stare at each other for a moment] You... You have good taste in music.
Tom: [repeating after her] You... like the Smiths?
Summer: [singing] To die by your side, such a heavenly way to die.
[speaking]
Summer: I love em.
Tom: [elevator stops, Summer leaves while Tom remains dumbfounded] Holy shit.


Narrator: Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life. May 23rd was a Wednesday.

Tom: What happens when you fall in love?
Summer: You believe in that?
Tom: It's love, it's not Santa Claus.
Tom: It's official. I'm in love with Summer.
[while Montage of Summer plays]
Tom: I love her smile. I love her hair. I love her knees. I love how she licks her lips before she talks. I love her heart-shaped birthmark on her neck. I love it when she sleeps.
Rachel Hansen: Just because she likes the same bizzaro crap you do doesn't mean she's your soul mate.
Rachel Hansen: Quit being a pussy

Narrator: Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life.

Summer: We've been like Sid and Nancy for months now.
Tom: Summer, Sid stabbed Nancy, seven times with a kitchen knife, I mean we have some disagreements but I hardly think I'm Sid Vicious.
Summer: No I'm Sid.
Tom: Oh, so I'm Nancy...
[Pancakes arrive]
Summer: Let's just eat and we'll talk about it later. Mmm, that is good, I'm really glad we did this. I love these pancakes... what?
[Tom gets up and walks away from the table]
Summer: Tom, don't go! You're still my best friend!
Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
Tom: Knew what?
Summer: What I was never sure of with you. 

Narrator: For Tom Hansen, this was the night where everything changed. That wall Summer so often hid behind - the wall of distance, of space, of casual - that wall was slowly coming down. For here was Tom, in her world... a place few had been invited to see with their own eyes. And here was Summer, wanting him there. Him, no one else.


Narrator: As he listened, Tom began to realize that these stories weren't routinely told. These were stories one had to earn. He could feel the wall coming down. He wondered if anyone else had made it this far. Which is why the next six words changed everything.

Summer: I've never told anybody that before.
Tom: I guess I'm not just anybody.
Tom: Look, we don't have to put a label on it. That's fine. I get it. But, you know, I just... I need some consistency.
Summer: I know.
Tom: I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently.
Summer: And I can't give you that. Nobody can.

Narrator: If Tom had learned anything... it was that you can't ascribe great cosmic significance to a simple earthly event. Coincidence, that's all anything ever is, nothing more than coincidence... Tom had finally learned, there are no miracles. There's no such thing as fate, nothing is meant to be. He knew, he was sure of it now.
Tom: [Montage of Summer] I hate her crooked teeth. I hate her 1960s haircut. I hate her knobby knees. I hate her cockroach-shaped splotch on her neck. I hate the way she smacks her lips before she talks. I hate the way she sounds when she laughs.
[Fade to black as Swayze's "She's Like the Wind" plays briefly]
Tom: I HATE THIS SONG!
Bus Driver: [Open to Tom standing while bus comes to a sudden stop] Sir, you need to get off the bus.
Tom: She took a giant shit on my face. Literally.
Alison: Literally?
Tom: Well, no, not literally. That's disgusting.
Tom: Either she's an evil, emotionless, miserable human being, or... she's a robot.

Rachel Hansen: You know, my friends are all in love with you. You know, it's like we said. Plenty of other fish in the sea.
Tom: [Looks at a group of twelve year old girls who wave at him and giggle] Thanks. But, uh, those are guppies.

Rachel Hansen: PMS?
Tom: What do you know about PMS?
Rachel Hansen: More than you, Tom.
Tom: It's these cards, and the movies and the pop songs, they're to blame for all the lies and the heartache, everything. We're responsible. I'M responsible. I think we do a bad thing here. People should be able to say how they feel, how they really feel, not ya know, some words that some stranger put in their mouth. Words like love, that don't mean anything. Sorry, I'm sorry, I um, I quit. There's enough bullshit in the world without my help.
McKenzie: Hey, maybe you should write a book.
Tom: What?
McKenzie: Well, you know, Henry Miller said the best way to get over a woman is to turn her into literature
Tom: People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated.
Vance: Misery, sadness, loss of faith, no reason to live... This is perfect for you.

Narrator: There's only two kinds of people in the world. There's women, and there's men. And Summer Finn was a woman.
Tom: You don't want to be named as anybody's girlfriend, and now you're someone's wife?
Summer: Well, you know, I guess it's 'cause I was sitting in a deli and reading Dorian Gray and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and... now he's my husband.
Tom: Yeah. And... so?
Summer: So, what if I'd gone to the movies? What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch? What if I'd gotten there 10 minutes later? It was - it was meant to be. And... I just kept thinking... Tom was right.
Tom: No.
Summer: Yeah, I did.
[laughs]
Summer: I did. It just wasn't me that you were right about.
Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.


Narrator: Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin and they end with no lasting memory made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life.
Girl at Interview: Have I seen you before?
Tom: Me? I don't think so.
Girl at Interview: Do you ever go to Angela's Plaza?
Tom: Yes... That's like my favorite spot in the city.
Girl at Interview: Yeah, except for the parking lots.
Tom: Yeah, yeah I agree.
Girl at Interview: Yeah, yeah I think I've seen you there.
Tom: Really?
Girl at Interview: Yeah...
Tom: I haven't seen you?
Girl at Interview: You must not have been looking...
Tom: ...

Tom: [the girl at the job interview agrees to meet Tom for coffee afterward] We'll figure it out. My name's Tom.
Girl at Interview: [Last lines of the film] Nice to meet you.
[Shakes his hand]
Girl at Interview: I'm Autumn.
[Tom looks at the camera in amazement. Film cuts to a title card with a "1" indicating the first day of Tom's relationship with Autumn]
LESSONS LEARNED:
Rachel Hansen: Look, I know you think she was the one, but I don't. Now, I think you're just remembering the good stuff. Next time you look back, I, uh, I really think you should look again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron Review: Is it worth it?

I started using flat irons since I was 18 years old (well, that was 12 years ago?) and I’m amazed at how the industry of hair straighteners had come. Man, I think we're missing out on some great deal. Flat iron over the years, We all know the humble beginnings of hair comb or some may call them hair thongs which are made of two rods heated to straighten the hair. I never get to use this one as I was introduced to the second generation of hair straighteners and that was using a standard home clothes iron. Nah, I mean the basic flat irons made with metal plates and few heat settings. Not until the early 2000s when I saw this model with ceramic plates that most people use today. Ceramic is by far the most popular material for this product as it is both inexpensive and actually safer compared to the clothing iron or heating rods back in days. Depending on your hair type, ceramic plates are believed to lock in moisture and protect hair color. But with a lot of this model

Weekend Well Spent

Last week was kind of breezy to the point where I thought it was already Friday when I’m only in the middle of my week, which is odd because when I’m excited for something and I’m looking forward to it every single day, it makes my whole month moved into a slow motion and I’m like bored to death. Gladly, my weekend didn’t pass by so sudden that I got to enjoy it with people dearest to my heart to the fullest. I love weekends so much that I decided not to care about laundry or cleaning the house (sort of) but just spend the whole two days enjoying the cold weather which means more sleeps and longer walks to the mall. Last weekend, we ate breakfast in our PJ’s, had brunch in the street food shops, enjoyed salmon and some surprisingly affordable tasty Japanese cuisine, scored some discounts on baby clothes and winter shirts, did some window shopping, had a half dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts for dessert and just cuddled and sang nursery rhymes at the top of our lungs.

How To Instantly Add Luxury To Your Wardrobe

As you have probably guessed, I literally spend a good part of my day shopping online. Yep, when major sales popped out, I'll stop what I'm doing to catch a glimpse on which of those pieces look good on me. To the point, I recently spent a morning scrolling through a dozen items on shopping websites. Making me the perfect target consumer when it comes to social media marketing ads. Ha! Sadly, however, I can’t possibly purchase everything on my wishlist and so every now and then I blog about my current favorites hoping somebody can benefit from the fruits of my labor. While there are specific brands I love to cover on a weekly basis today I like to highlight and celebrate similar brands for cheap yet elegant staples to give you more unique and fashion-forward options. Just keep scrolling to get started shopping and see a couple of elegant dresses to keep your outfit on point. Clothing website, kis.net was founded on the vision ""to be a top-end garment supp