Skip to main content

A Short Walk To The Aquatic Zoo

It seems like my baby girl knows more about “what-she-really-wants” in her 8th month than I do on my entire 28 years of existence :)


One of the most beautiful things for me is to see the look of my daughter who's in love with something. So genuine and honest. There's such contentment and peace in her eyes that you just can't help but stare and admire it.

Our short trip to the Aquatic Zoo was fascinating. She’d been shouting and smiling the whole time we were inside the environs. She loves fishes and I’m thinking of throwing an “under the sea” themed party on her 1st birthday. (Wait "till she meets Mickey & Friends lol)

But for now, I will be more vigilant and records all (okay some :) signs of interest my baby is starting to show and maybe get tricks along the way on how to be the coolest mom in the world. BOMB. 

Here are the things I’ve found most sensible:

1.      Everyday is a wild adventure filled with mixed emotions. Try one with your child and you'll be surprised with her reactions. That facial expression though.

As you can see the snake is trying to strike a conversation here, while daddy is trying to convince himself he's not scared at all:

“Please Gods don’t tell me you’ve been bored or else I'll lose my job. There are a lot of activities we can do here. Like a lot.”

My little girl gave it a deadma look. I couldn’t be happier, snakes are deadly. Period.


2.       You're never too old to visit a mini Zoo. It always brings out the child in you lol :)) 




I think I enjoyed the mini Zoo more than I thought I should. I've been planning to take Chloe to a wider Zoo here in Bangkok, but after the news of a white tiger mauled a young boy to death, I'm scared for life. It's not that Chloe will be climbing the walls too, but the idea of animals being too wild not able to tamed, I gave up on the idea. Some time maybe.
    


  
3.       Every baby is unique and has their own little friend. Whether imaginary or a...... fish haha!


Let me tell you a story of a little girl, who lives in a small room in an old building plunked on one of the busiest streets in the city, a place with no great importance by the sea. And every day she would look out in their window and imagines herself on an island, walking along the seashore, against the waves and under the sun.

One day on her visit to the aquatic zoo, there’s a shadow coming from a glass.



“Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles”



The baby girl put her tiny hands against the glass, and the little thing came to light.



Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle.

“Ba ba ba ba “the baby girl responded with a beaming smile. 

And that was the start of their friendship. (Best conversation of little creatures ever lol)



4.       Remember that "Daddies can be babies too" haha in a good way. Whatever.

So this is the difference between badly wanting things vs. simply needing them. Need means I will walk on a shop with “the thing” on my mind and buys it right away. Want is when he walks through an aquatic zoo with lots of aquarium and fishes on display; he takes picture, stares at them for a minute or two, goes home and uploads his photos.  And while checking on his photos, he realized he wants an aquarium. So he types in the comment, I want this. Somebody sees it and offers to give him one for free. He's very happy that he wants it right away.  No response. He takes a nap. The following morning his wife discovered that he's not going to take the aquarium anymore because it was too big. He went back to the aquatic zoo and the cycle of “wanting” begins again.


5.       Mommies have bad taste and corny ideas , just embrace it :)
 
Do you want to build a snowman?? I mean a sand castle? Because Chloe is celebrating her first birthday party under the sea with Olaf or Nemo maybe, and I'm thinking maybe you could extend me a little help. Let the planning begin.  If you have cooler ideas and suggestions or props or costumes, don't hesitate to fill me in. 

It's love at first sight, you know!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Irresistible Me Diamond Flat Iron Review: Is it worth it?

I started using flat irons since I was 18 years old (well, that was 12 years ago?) and I’m amazed at how the industry of hair straighteners had come. Man, I think we're missing out on some great deal. Flat iron over the years, We all know the humble beginnings of hair comb or some may call them hair thongs which are made of two rods heated to straighten the hair. I never get to use this one as I was introduced to the second generation of hair straighteners and that was using a standard home clothes iron. Nah, I mean the basic flat irons made with metal plates and few heat settings. Not until the early 2000s when I saw this model with ceramic plates that most people use today. Ceramic is by far the most popular material for this product as it is both inexpensive and actually safer compared to the clothing iron or heating rods back in days. Depending on your hair type, ceramic plates are believed to lock in moisture and protect hair color. But with a lot of this model

Weekend Well Spent

Last week was kind of breezy to the point where I thought it was already Friday when I’m only in the middle of my week, which is odd because when I’m excited for something and I’m looking forward to it every single day, it makes my whole month moved into a slow motion and I’m like bored to death. Gladly, my weekend didn’t pass by so sudden that I got to enjoy it with people dearest to my heart to the fullest. I love weekends so much that I decided not to care about laundry or cleaning the house (sort of) but just spend the whole two days enjoying the cold weather which means more sleeps and longer walks to the mall. Last weekend, we ate breakfast in our PJ’s, had brunch in the street food shops, enjoyed salmon and some surprisingly affordable tasty Japanese cuisine, scored some discounts on baby clothes and winter shirts, did some window shopping, had a half dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts for dessert and just cuddled and sang nursery rhymes at the top of our lungs.

How To Instantly Add Luxury To Your Wardrobe

As you have probably guessed, I literally spend a good part of my day shopping online. Yep, when major sales popped out, I'll stop what I'm doing to catch a glimpse on which of those pieces look good on me. To the point, I recently spent a morning scrolling through a dozen items on shopping websites. Making me the perfect target consumer when it comes to social media marketing ads. Ha! Sadly, however, I can’t possibly purchase everything on my wishlist and so every now and then I blog about my current favorites hoping somebody can benefit from the fruits of my labor. While there are specific brands I love to cover on a weekly basis today I like to highlight and celebrate similar brands for cheap yet elegant staples to give you more unique and fashion-forward options. Just keep scrolling to get started shopping and see a couple of elegant dresses to keep your outfit on point. Clothing website, kis.net was founded on the vision ""to be a top-end garment supp